Learn how AVI-SPL’s Symphony managed services platform can help higher education institutions manage their technology assets so they can make better use of their facilities and give teachers and students the tools they need to excel.Continue reading
On the worldwide stage of ISE 2019, AVI-SPL announced the availability and value of its Symphony as a Service (SYaaS), which makes it easy for organizations to monitor, manage and improve their collaboration estate, and provide a better user experience of their AV and UC systems.
The Symphony managed services platform is the engine that drives AVI-SPL’s award-winning managed services for its clients around the world. With SYaaS, that platform is available on a subscription basis. AV and IT departments can be proactive about their collaboration spaces and devices as they launch and manage video calls, and keep track of the quality of experience during meetings. Through the service’s mobile-friendly, web-based dashboard, staff will have real-time insight into an organization’s AV devices, video systems, and conference infrastructure.
Symphony as a Service also provides analytics about room and device usage so that companies have the business intelligence to make informed decisions about future investment in meeting spaces and collaboration technology.
The announcement has been covered by industry magazines like rAVe, Tech Decisions, AV Magazine, AV Network, and Commercial Integrator, which shared this video it recorded at ISE 2019. Here, AVI-SPL’s SVP of Services Tim Riek explains the value of SYaaS.
Dan Newman’s recent article for Commercial Integrator isn’t just a warning to commercial AV businesses; it’s a set of criteria that companies should use when shopping for an AV and unified communications provider.
Dan covers a handful of mistakes that AV integrators need to overcome if they want to remain competitive. Those mistakes include being too slow, incomplete service, and working with the wrong manufacturers.
AVI-SPL isn’t making those mistakes.
Rather, AVI-SPL embodies traits and abilities that companies should look for in a partner that provides digital workplace solutions and services.
- AVI-SPL Smart Spaces is a catalog of ready-to-deploy meeting rooms that allows for easy collaboration and presentation using the latest in AV and UC technology, including video collaboration and wireless presentation systems.
- Our research and development team is always improving AVI-SPL’s Symphony managed services platform, which is the cornerstone of its award-winning video managed services. Symphony automates the scheduling, launching, and management of your meetings, gives you the ability to monitor and manage your AV and UC estate (including rooms and devices), and generates the reports you need to guide your AV and UC investment.
- AVI-SPL is the only AV and UC solutions provider that is part of JLL’s Workplace Strategy Council. To share its commitment to workplace transformation, AVI-SPL hosts educational events throughout North America. JLL, a global professional services company that specializes in real estate, is a valuable partner with us in delivering these events, because they help explain the future of work and how companies must adjust to attract and retain the best employees. I frequently share insights from JLL on this blog, including this one on the 3-30-300 rule.
- AVI-SPL meets with Fortune 500 companies in its Customer Advisory Board to understand what they need to improve collaboration in the future workplace. These meetings have helped us understand the issues these companies want us to help them solve, including voice control in meeting rooms, workplace flexibility, and the need for video collaboration systems that are reliable and easy to use.
I’d like to hear about your challenges when it comes to improving the workplace experience. Comment below or send me an email. I may use your insight for a future post, and I’ll help guide you toward resources that address those challenges.
We hope to see you at Integrated Systems Europe, also known as ISE, the world’s largest AV integration show. For businesses of all types, and IT and AV professionals, ISE is a great opportunity to network with colleagues while learning about the new technology solutions that companies have created to improve the way organisations do business.
This year’s event will be Feb. 5-8 at the RAI Amsterdam. You’ll find AVI-SPL at booth 11-C155. AVI-SPL is one of the world’s best known providers of AV and collaboration solutions to organisations of all types around the world. Our teams from the U.K., Germany, UAE, and the U.S. will be at the exhibition to share our services and answer attendee questions.
Schedule of events
All events are at booth 11-C155 in the Unified Communications Theatre unless otherwise indicated.
10 am – 10:30 am (Feb. 5-8)
Digital Workplace Transformation. Learn what digital workplace transformation can mean for your organisation, like improving the way people in the company work together and helping them be more productive because they have the tools and environment to be engaged with their work.
10:30 am – 11 am (Feb. 5-8)
Meeting-Room Standards. Discover why standards are important to establish when you want to implement meeting rooms throughout your organisation. Learn about AVI-SPL’s approach to creating those standards for your company and our Smart Spaces meeting rooms.
11 am – 11:30 am and 3:30 pm – 4 pm (Feb. 5-8)
AVI-SPL Symphony Demonstration. See how AVI-SPL’s managed services platform improves your company’s team collaboration and the reliability of your AV and UC systems.
11:30 am – 12 pm (Feb. 5-8)
RMIT Presentation. Australia’s RMIT University is using the AVI-SPL Symphony platform to monitor thousands of devices across hundreds of room around the world.
1 pm – 1:30 pm (Feb. 5-8)
MultiTaction Presentation. See what’s possible with the MultiTaction board and how it can be used to share your company’s story.
1:30 pm – 2 pm (Feb. 5-8)
Business Intelligence. You’ll understand why it’s important to track the use and health of your AV and UC systems. You’ll also see how Symphony delivers the custom reports that you need to measure the ROI of those systems.
2 pm – 2:30 pm (Feb. 5-8)
Technology Services. Get an overview of AVI-SPL’s process for providing clients with technology solutions that improve your operations. We’ll take you from consultation through implementation, adoption training, and global support.
Use AVI-SPL code 912672 when you register for ISE 2019 and save on the €150 admission.
Frost & Sullivan recently named AVI-SPL the winner of its 2018 Global Managed Video Conference Service Growth Excellence Leadership Award.
This award recognizes AVI-SPL’s leadership in supporting the way people communicate and collaborate within the workplace. The variety of meeting spaces — huddle rooms, collaboration spaces, boardrooms, training areas — and the technology within them require flexible managed video conferencing services.
Within the award report, Frost & Sullivan looks at AVI-SPL’s ability to grow its video conference services by providing support that includes:
- Professional services like evaluation, design and deployment that meet business outcomes
- Managed services (onsite or from global service operations centers) that monitor and manage the AV and UC environment
- Customer care like global help desk assistance that focuses on exceeding expectations by measuring customer satisfaction
The paper also looks at AVI-SPL Symphony, the managed services platform that Frost & Sullivan nicely summarizes:
Considered the centerpiece of AVI-SPL’s services go-to-market strategy, AVI-SPL Symphony allows businesses to automate the back-end processes required to schedule, monitor, manage, and analyze the global video conferencing and AV assets from a single platform. The AVI-SPL Symphony end user management application is designed as an easy to use, browser-based and mobile-friendly dashboard representing the customer’s window to the organization’s total meeting environment.
Frost & Sullivan explains the criteria that led to this award, including AVI-SPL’s growth strategy, which provides companies with simple, reliable collaboration systems and the business insight of Big Data and analytics.