Learn about the benefits of healthcare simulation technology and how it prepares future healthcare professionals and improves patient outcomes through training.
The Center for Digital Education (CDE) hosted “Future-Ready Learning: How Technology and Simulation Are Transforming Healthcare Education.” This webinar looked at the ways that healthcare simulation solutions are being applied to give competitive advantage to the colleges, universities and teaching hospitals that adopt them.
Kecia Ray, senior fellow for the CDE, led this event and was joined by an expert panel that discussed:
- What goes into a healthcare simulation center and how instructors are using the technology in their teaching
- Barriers to healthcare simulation technology adoption and ways to overcome them
- How the University of Miami is using its healthcare simulation center to prepare students for the workforce
- Jim Angelillo, VP of AVI-SPL’s Advanced Visualization Group
- Paul Metcalf, Ph.D., development director, School of Nursing and Health Studies, University of Miami
- Amar Patel, Doctor of Health and Chief Learning Officer, CAE Healthcare