InFocus announced two new additions to its projector line specifically for the education market. The projectors (IN5534 and IN5504) both have a new split-screen option, which will virtually eliminate the need for multiple projectors in classrooms. Both projectors, specified at WUXGA (1,920 x 1,200) resolution, are network/wireless ready and feature analog and HD video connectivity. The two models are easy to camouflage in nearly any environment thanks to InFocus’ custom case parts available in multiple colors, including white, black, walnut, and ready to paint.
There are three great reasons that people who use projectors in classrooms, conference rooms, and other large image applications will love the new InFocus IN5300 and IN5500. They are; good looks, nice features, and super functionality.
The latest installation projectors from InFocus are the IN5300 and 5500 series projectors. That includes six projectors (IN5302, IN5304, IN5502, IN5504, IN5532, IN5534). The IN5300 level projectors have most of the same features, but do not include optional lensing (which is perfectly OK for about 80% of installations). There are a few other differences too, like brightness and resolution. But let’s talk about a few of the cool new features available on the latest and greatest InFocus installation products. By the way, if you want to skip the text, we are also posting a short video going over this too. Just look at the video above.
New Features on New InFocus Installation Projectors
The product designers at InFocus took the advice of users and resellers to address a few ‘missing’ features from the projectors they have used in the past. Those missing features included a few of the ‘problems’ listed below.
Problems with Older Installation Projectors :
- XGA and lower 4×3 resolutions display in low resolution.
- Projectors look industrial, cables looked messy.
- Video conferencing collaborative content and white boards require multiple displays. Even projectors with split screen typically could not run dual video.
IN5300 and IN5500 Projector Solutions :
- New WXGA and UXGA options available
- Special cable management secret compartment, and multiple color options for casing (including a paintable primer for custom
- Enhanced Split Screen allows for multiple video – great for videoconferencing
New InFocus High Performance Features
InFocus seems to have adequately addressed most of those concerns with their new line. Their new line has also held tight to popular features while adding some other bits of cool, like a blue lit ring around the lens to indicate if the projector is powering off or on – a commonly confusing time for those who get confused about whether the projectors has begun to start-up or shut-down. As mentioned above, the new Enhanced Split Screen capabilities are a great new feature, as well as a Dynamic Messaging system that allows administrators to ‘broadcast’ messages to any projector on the network for important announcements. Here is a quick overview of the features available in the new InFocus lineup :
- Enhanced Split Screen playback – perfect for video conferencing
- Widescreen HD resolutions offered
- Horizontal and vertical lens shift (manual in 5300s and motorized in 5500s)
- Single or Dual lamps (5500 series)
- Multiple lensing options (5500 series)
- Customizable screen “help” page
- Changeable ‘skins’ for projector casing (including wood grain, black, white, and or primer paintable)
- Illuminated blue “glow ring” to indicate when projector is cooling down and starting up
- Embedded networking included (compatible with Crestron or AMX panels)
- Dynamic Messaging System allows for ‘broadcasting messages” to any InFocus projector on the network
So there you have our overview. Now feel free to watch InFocus’ Benjamin Joy talking about the new projectors live and in person – on video.
Skip Ahead : Quickly Navigate to Points of Interest
- 1:25 = Portfolio of InFocus projectors including IN5300 and IN5500 series
- 1:35 = First look at IN5300 projector with stylish wood grain finish
- 2:22 = Portfolio of the IN5300 and IN5500 products (with specification details)
- 4:00 = Discussion of Brilliant Color
- 4:25 = New keypad with single function blue backlighting
- 4:55 = View of new “blue ring” that indicates when projector is powering off or on
- 6:00 = Lenses discussed from quality to optional lenses
- 7:05 = Projectors networking discussed
- 7:40 = Enhanced Split Screen, multiple HD images side-by-side on one display
- 8:45 = Dynamic Messaging System explained
- 9:10 = Customizable “Help screen”
- 9:55 = Video quality from InFocus and Pixelworks
Related InFocus Products : IN5302, IN5304, IN5502, IN5504, IN5532, IN5534
The full line of InFocus IN5300 and IN5500 projectors should be available by the end of July 2009!