Below is a list of three grant opportunities for the first part of 2015 designed to help fund technology initiatives in education.
For AVI-SPL’s assistance with finding and integrating the video collaboration tools that are right for your school or organization, contact AVI-SPL’s Tracie Bryant, VP of sales for state/local government and education, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant (RUS-DLT) (Deadline: Spring 2015)
- The Rural Utilities Service’s (RUS) Distance Learning and Telemedicine (DLT) Program is designed to fund advanced rural telecommunications
- $19 million available for 80 awards
- Award amount: from $50,000 to $500,000
Customer Eligibility: Customers that have partnerships with rural entities and are currently delivering educational courses or telemedicine services to rural areas. For-profit organizations are eligible.
H-1B Technical Skills Training Grants (Deadline: Spring 2015)
- Designed to provide education, training, and job placement assistance in the occupations and industries for which employers are using H-1B visas to hire foreign workers, and the related activities necessary to support such training.
- Total funding available: $240 million for 90 awards
- Award amounts varies between $1 million to $7 million
Customer Eligibility: Universities or community colleges with intern or business partner programs. For profit organizations are eligible.
Title IV, Part B: 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) for North Dakota (Deadline March 1)
- This program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools
- The program helps students meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math; offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs; and offers literacy and other educational services
- Total funding available varies by state
Customer Eligibility: K-12 schools with after-school programs.