NEC’s addition of the super slim X461S and X551S are the first in NEC’s large screen lineup to offer LED backlighting technology. LED display technology boasts the advantages of brilliantly crisp resolution, increased energy savings, and a longer lifespan.
NEC’s latest offering allows for 24/7 operation — with advanced thermal protection and a sealed panel design — to accommodate the most formidable digital signage industry requirements. The X461S and X551S are also the first in NEC’s lineup to offer Intel’s Open Pluggable Specification (OPS). As the first industry-wide standardization in option slots, OPS simplifies digital signage operations by allowing for easier installation, use and maintenance of the technology.
With Network Control and Communication, both models allow for easy remote display management. While Ethernet connectivity provides email notifications, RS-232 enables multi-display control and daisy chain capabilities to simplify usage.
Among the top features of the X461S and X551S:
- 1920 x 1080 native resolution, with up to 4000:1 contrast ratio
- Reduced power consumption (less than 2W in standby mode)
- Landscape and portrait orientations
- 10-bit color over an HDMI connection
- Full connectivity, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVID
- Ambient light sensor monitors
- Advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Built-in closed captioning
- Built-in 5W speakers and adjustable/removable carrying handles
- Carbon footprint meter
Optional accessories and products for the super-slim displays include stands, wall mounts, external PCs, and media players.
Availability for Shipping
The X461S and X551S will be available in May and June 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $2,399 and $3,799, respectively. Each carries a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, which includes the backlight.
To learn more about this product, contact an AVI-SPL representative by call 800-282-6733 or click here to request a quote.